In all my years of multi-tasking I have never quite had a night like tonight. I have been cleaning, eating lunch with Alex and Sebastian. Arranging getting a tent for Alex to sleep in the backyard tonight to finish his Arrow of light. And then I started dinner. Put on some eggs to boil for dinner. Stephanie calls and tells me I can come on to get the tent instead of waiting since it may rain. So I jump in the car with all the boys to go to my sisters house.
I was probably gone 30 to 40 minutes. When Stephanie calls me to ask what I am cooking for dinner. It it me like a ton of bricks. I left the eggs boiling. All I could think about is I was burning the house down... I couldn't get home fast enough.
We walked in to a house full of smoke. The eggs were exploded on the cabinet,ceiling, and floor. It was a mess. But no fire. Man I was relieved. Cole was so sweet to help me clean up the floor.
So now we don't have the smell of eggs in the house just smokey.
Now I sit and listen as the kids, Malcolm, Alex, Sebastian,Georgah, and Rebekah in the tent in the backyard. They are laughing and joking. It's such a wonderful sound.
I am really excited about this week coming up. I am off for the next 4 more days and have had the last 2 off. Which is great. We will have movie night, church, camping then Thanksgiving. Oh and the big day for Eve.. She turns officially into a teenager. She will be 13. WOW!
No comments:
Post a Comment