Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The end of day one of my Missionary serving the Lord


My Missionary! So thankful his best-friends brother was able to pick him up from the airport and deliver him to the MTC snapping this photo.

In a family we all deal with things differently. It is our personalities, views etc. Today has been no different sending our Elder off to the MTC. My daughter who is 14 months younger has had a very difficult time with him leaving. He was her twin for the most part. They have been inseparable since they were little and she would translate for him when no one understood him. She couldn't make it back to school so she slept and cried alot! My oldest is a man of few words. 21 and doesn't say too much. But I saw the looks and wispers to each other at the airport so I know he has a mission of his own for the dear Elder. My younger two. Alex today made his decision final to want to serve a mission himself. He turns 16 this year and he said after listening to Cole say that being set apart as a missionary gave him peace and today seeing just how HAPPY he was. Sold it. He said he had no reason to cry. Cole was happy. Sebastian the youngest said he shed a tear but nobody was going to see him cry. He would miss him but because he is happy than he is cool with him being gone.

I walked into the school to sign Alex and Sebastian in and several people came and asked about Cole. Realizing he was leaving today. This is Texas and Missionaries leaving like this doesn't get a big deal made of it. Maybe it is because in his address to his class last year at Graduation he made sure his Bio said he was serving a mission in the West Indies mission. He held his faith close and shared it with those around him. The office lady came and gave me hug said she promised Cole that when she saw me she would hug me to make sure I was okay. Cole still working his magic even when he is gone. Figures. He always knew how to take care of his momma. I initially missed his phone call saying he made it to SLC. It went straight to voice mail. I called it right back. Thankfully I was able to talk to him for all of about 2 minutes. But I am so grateful for that call. He kept saying how happy he was and he hadn't made it to the MTC but this was the Life. Boy he is so ready to share the gospel.

I am a lucky lucky mom.. not just him but my other kids too. I have shed some tears but happy tears as well as I will miss him tears. But to know that his voice was filled with such peace and pure happiness it is enough to last a while.

No comments: