Seriously the day I have had. My word! It started out not too bad we were running a little late this am but everyone made it to school on time! YEAH! I was able to see 6 patients by 11:30pm. WoW that is record time. It helps when you get 3 on one street and 2 in the same facility.
Now this is where it started to take a turn... I had to sit through a 3 hour meeting of power points and what the lady called art work. Only to learn how to do wound vacs. Yeah me. Of those who don't know what that is .It is a machine we put on wounds that usually are gapping open. HUGE UGLY WOUNDS> I have been avoiding learning this because at times it can take 2 to 3 hours to do. NO thank you. But our wound nurse is going on vacation and she does the vacs and well you guessed it they thought it would work to give us a crash course. Yeah not so great.
I get up to leave no meeting after the meeting is not done. But another nurse had left and she knows that we have to go to get kids. She like where you going. To get kids then we need to talk. Fine whatever so I say is there a problem. ( probably not good) but she yeah your leaving before the meeting is over. But realistically they were through the person they were talking about isn't my case load and well I can't exactly leave 5 kids under the age of 10 at the school waiting on me. So I left. What she going to fire me? Knock on wood. Just venting I don't want to be fired.
I get to the school 5minutes late. OH did I say I had 2 extra kids today until tomorrow night. I have had them before and they are no big deal. But today I get to the school and the little girl is Miss Heather her brother is having to talk to the police. She was freaked out. So I walk over there to hear the end of the conversation. He is crying and I ask his teacher if there was something wrong. She started to go off before looking at me. Then she looks up and goes oh your not his mom. NO I am taking care of him while she is out of town. Then she lets loose about how awful the kid is and everything he has done wrong since the beginning of the year. I just look at her and think BREATHE!!! I question what she is saying and how she is handling as a teacher and the fact she is making it worse. Now I won't go into all the details but this little boy is a good kid. He is so ADHD it isn't funny the teacher has even mention this to his mom. But she continues to treat him as if he is the worse child in the world. After she is sooooo Rude. I politely as I could told her that if she really knew what she was doing she would be handling it differently and if he was my son she better believe he wouldn't be there in her class.
Let me give you a little back ground. From day one he has had problems with spelling his mom works with him my kids do everything you can think of. But he just can't master it. So everytime he does bad on it she makes it very clear and tells him he has failed again. The poor child is 7 barely. Don't get me wrong I know teaching is a hard job. Under paid and over worked. I look at it this way there are several jobs you don't take unless you love what it involves. TEACHER< NURSE and MOM! Pay stinks and long hours with little gratitude. But you make the biggest difference in someone's life by your ATTITUDE. And frankly she was FAILING!!!!
As we walk off I stop and ask him what they said to him. One of the Teachers told him they were going to send him to jail if he was bad again. She also told him because he was bad he had to do something nasty. CLEAN up Urine is what he told me. WHAT!!
Everyone that knows me is the last thing you do is harm my kids. I am a MOMMA BEAR!! I think of him just like family. The people in the office know me from over the years and they know my kids. SO when I go to the office asking if a teacher is allowed to threaten a child with jail they all just stand there. UMMMMM! No answers oh course. The two ladies in the office are nice enough just didn't know how to handle the situation.
By this time I am MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I was a cartoon steam would be coming out my ears you know like the robot on the Jetson's. I know the child has problems. But not to the degree she was treating him. WHY do a job that you don't like?? I see it in nurses all the time. I hate it. They flat out told my class at nursing school in orientation DO NOT BE A NURSE IF YOU DON"T LIKE PEOPLE OR DON"T LIKE WORKING FOR NO GRATITUDE!
Shouldn't anyone dealing with kids have the same deal. At work one of the nurses and I have become pretty good friends. She is leaving due to the choas there. SO I am going crazy thinking of the work load that will come my way after this weekend. It will be never ending. Between that and the fact I work at the hospital this weekend I so just want to go to sleep and wake up sometime next month. Oh yeah and I got paid today and have not done my budget for the next two weeks which is not a good thing.
Where does all the time in a day go? If anyone finds it let me know.
Ok thanks for letting me have a vent session I promise there won't be too many like this. I HOPE!
The night did end pretty well. All the kids are asleep and laundry is done and it isn't even midnight. WHOO hOO!
3 comments:
BIG MISTAKE on the teacher's part of messing with a kid that is in your care! WOOO She is going to regret that! You know its so scary to know what their teacher's really say to them when no other adult is near. Like that teacher in Houston who the parent's sent a voice recorder to school with their Kindergartener. I guess that is good when our kids have the "Wynne" in them to speak out right?
I appreciate Teachers and dont know if i could do it now days with kids the way they are, but come on that is not how to help a kid! Best of Luck for your friend and her son!
That stinks!!! I'm so glad I've never encountered a teacher like that, at least not yet, lol!!! We'll see when Avery's in school, lol!!! I don't know what I'd do, I hate confrontation, but that would've just pushed me to my limit!!!! All I can say is, "you go girl!" Good luck, and keep us updated!!!
See, thank goodness I was not there. I would have made a fool out of the teacher. I would have went "OFF", well thats a nice way to put it. In Jeff's Way, I would have went "BLEEP...BLEEP...#@$$%#$! on the teacher. How dare a teacher treat any child like that. Even if it was not my son or daughter I would have taken it to the Principal and went off on him/her and told them to clean up their school and If I ever heard of a teacher telling that to a child again(after confirming it was actually said)I would have had him for breakfast, lunch, dinner and Evening Snack. He/She would remember Jeffrey Wineberg and to hide if I ever came around. I think its just horrible that anyone would do that to a child. I mean get the child some real help and stop being the sad solution to what the child really needs. WHEW!!!!! I feel better.. Thanks Heather!
Post a Comment