Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What a Week!

I really don't know if this week could get any crazier. I know as soon as I say that it will. I sat down with my schedule last night to figure out how to see all of my patient by Friday. It can be done.But it will be a hair raising experience. So I will probably push several to saturday again.
I am not sure how things are going to go at work soon. One of the nurses took another job. So she will go down to seeing only 4 or 5 patients a week. The other Rn case manager is getting so stressed she is refusing to see patients and I am having to pick up the slack. YEah me! Since we are going to per visit now it means more money for me but more Headache as well. I am trying to be more organized. I sat last night and finished all paperwork most of it isn't due until Monday but I figured this will help lighten the load. Cleaned the downstairs before I went to bed. However when I got up this morning I still have Eve home sick which means a trip to the doctor. Lets see where do I fit that.

Ok frustration yesterday as I looked at the mail. I looked at Malcolm's report card again and they had this code next to his grades all of his grades. They are not going to give him credit. No letter about absences etc. But with his heart problem and surgery he missed 14 days last semester. I figured if there had been a problem I would have heard about it right? Yeah not so much. He had all passing grades. So how the heck? This is where I hate public schools. He had doctor notes, hospital notes etc. So a call to the counselor will be added to my schedule today. Seriously, stay cool Heather. I will have to just keep saying that to myself.
whew.... what a week. I am off to take kids to school and start my crazy day.

1 comment:

CandraWynne said...

Don't you just love the public schools. It used to be that they didn't care much as long as you were passing. I don't know about in Texas but here in Arizona if you're child misses more than so many days they send a truency officer to the house and the parents could be charged with not doing what is best for the child. Yes it may work for some but there are definaty circumstances that cannot be avoided. Hopefully everything will get taken care of with Malcolm!! :)