Thursday, July 3, 2008

Good or Bad?

Who ever invented e-mails must have had a warped since of humor. Did they know that such a informal way of sending out thoughts with out having the time to think about what you write or how someone might take it. Until it is too late it is gone and whatever sentiment was there whether in good intent it turns into something totally different. That is why I would much rather talk to someone in person then in an e-mail. You have no way of hearing in there voice the struggle of there day. Or the happiness of there day.

An e-mail is however so easy to take wrong. So did the inventor of the e-mail ever think about this? Did they ponder if it was good or bad? It had to be a man. Why? Women would sit and think and dwell on what if? And then the next day while she is worrying about the consequences the man turns it in for the patent!lol
I just had to lighten the mood of my writting. But seriously I do wonder if people think about how it will come across or just in the moment say what they are feeling. Is that good or bad? Depends on who you ask. One hand do you get the full truth of what a person is feeling or do you end up with the short end of the stick because other things factor in.
I guess I will never know but there are days I would be willing to turn in my e-mail account for sanity. :)

We had a great time tonight. I will post later about our night at the race track watching horses and fireworks and much more.
I must clear my head first.

2 comments:

Stephanie Gormley said...

I have often wondered about this as well. I often will read an e-mail and be so upset that I walk away from it. Later I go back and re-read it. Usually, the 2nd time around I hear it differently.

I'm glad you enjoyed the fireworks. We usually can see from our upstair windows. This year we missed them. I now have 2 very upset girls. Next year we won't miss them for anything!

Heather said...

We enjoyed the 3rds fireworks at Lonestar park. Then last night we watched the from TCC with Michelle and Destinee. It was just Eve and myself. It was nice. Maybe next year you can come join us.
If your girls are wanting to see fireworks later this year six flags does them New Years Eve. They are pretty good.