In our busy lives we go and go and I know I tend to take for granted the health of my kids. There is those moments when you think about this whether it is when you hear a death of a child, commercials about children with cancer or other diseases.In our family we have had our share of illness premature babies etc. But we have always been very blessed to keep them around longer.
My kids have had scares with asthma, severe breathing problems, other illness but I thank God everynight for blessing me with my 5 healthy children. Why do I write this?
Recently I got back in contact with a friend from College. We were both single parents and dealing with the same struggles in life. So we not only worked together but spent time together outside of work. She graduated and went onto Uta to work on her pre law degree. Unfortunately after she got married we lost contact with each other. What I didn't know is the times I was trying to reach her she was fighting health problems of her own. She had a stroke and a miscarriage. Then the story gets happier. After fighting her way back she found out she was pregnant. YEAH! She was pregnant with a little boy to go with her two beautiful girls she already had.
We have had lunch several times and talked on the phone. I saw her last at her baby shower a couple of weeks ago. It is funny one of us always calls when the other is thinking about them. I had been thinking about her. So I called her on the 18th and found out she was calling me to tell me she was in labor. I was headed to work and I told her to call me. I didn't hear from her and I had been sick so I didn't go see her. I called her this morning only to get an answering machine. The last day I kept having that feeling that something wasn't right. Ya know that overwhelming feeling to call. She called me back a little while ago to tell me that her little boy was had been transfered downtown to the NICU. He swallowed fluid and now had pneumonia. My heart sank. He's not breathing to well but what do you say. I my heart goes out to her and her family. She has been waiting so excited for this little angel to come into her life bless his heart fighting to get well. So, it is moments like this you drop to your knees and thank Heavenly Father for your blessing to have healthy children that you can have movie night, and their to hug them. And while your praying you ask for that the little boy Preson to strong and if it is god's will stay and fight. Karolyn I love you , girl I hope your baby makes a quick recovery and Your family will be in our prayers.
Thank you for every minute I have with my kids.
1 comment:
Heather thanks for your comments I agree that we take our heath for granted and don't realize how much it means to us until it is gone. I hope that Preston gets better quickly :)
Post a Comment