Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Old memories!

Sebastian was working on his project a "Me" box. The teacher has them decorate a box with all kinds of things about themselves. He had found a stash of pictures yesterday and so we sat on the dining room floor and stared at all the pictures from when he was younger. He and I were fascinated by the pictures from when he was little. There is one picture I have out in our den from when he was a year old. It is of all the kids. I had a tradition when they were younger that every summer I would take them to Wal-mart and have a picture taken of them. He had made a comment " I want to put the picture of us sitting in the clouds in my box". The background is of the kids with the blue background with clouds. We got lucky and found a small copy of it in all the pictures we went through.

I looked through the pictures and couldn't help but think about when they were younger their little personalities and how they have grown. It seems so long ago yet time seems to go so fast. I wish I had kept a better record of the things they did. I am bad about writing in a journal so all I have is pictures to tell the story. Which the last couple of years I have been bad about taking pictures. I desperately need a camera so that will be on my list to get very soon. There are so many moments you miss out on. Alot of the memories come from the random moments when there is no special occasion just being a family.

We finished his box. He was so proud to put a picture of all his cousins and grandma, pa wynne, kim and especially "Granddy" (his great grandfather) in his box. He also had to include a picture of his cousin Dalton who was able to baptize him this year. Dalton turned 16 the day before Sebastian turned 8. So on his box he had me write. "My cousin Dalton, he baptized me!" I am so proud of him and the how proud he is to have been baptized that he wants to share it with everyone.

Malcolm had a rough day today. It was if he could tell he would last night. He was up finishing a project and said that he hoped he didn't have any problems with his heart because he already felt so bad that it would make him feel so much worse. Malcolm stayed home from school today sick. He has all this upper respiratory junk that has been going around. Well about 12pm today he was running 198 or so with his heart rate. I debated on taking him in to cooks. His body seems to take it back down with in a certain time so I waited. Still nothing so I tell him we are going to go right before 1pm. He starts to get ready then he comes downstairs and it has gone down. I start to leave to go see a patient since he is fine and he calls me 220. Ok. I come back for him and he converts back again to a lower heartrate. I decide to take him with me. That way if it starts again he is with me. He is with me for about 2 hours and I drop him back at home and go to get Sebastian and Alex. Within 10 minutes it is back up. So, what's the deal. Can something in the house trigger it. Seriously as soon as we start to the car it will stop half the time. I finally called the cardiologist. We will keep monitoring it but if it starts and continues for a time I am to take him in to Cooks hospital even if he converts on the way to the hospital. Unfortunately, we are at the point of changing meds at the hospital as the next step while we wait on insurance approval for his heart procedure.
Poor guy. I know he just wants to be a normal teenager. Not have to worry about medicine or limiting what he can do. Something was said about him going on the campout this weekend. NO WAY! Why? He really didn't understand why. Let's see we don't have it regulated in a controlled enviroment how do I send you out to the woods, hiking in a tent.

Mom received a couple of tickets to the Ranger Game for Friday nights game. She gave them to my Brother Adam and his son Adam jr. and Adam is going to take Malcolm and Cole for their birthday. It should be alot of fun. Cole isn't into baseball neither is Malcolm. But Malcolm said he would go just to be able to hang out and have some fun. Cole was a little unsure since he could care less for baseball. I reminded him he could make fun of all the crazy fans around him. I just didn't tell him that his Uncle Adam is one of the craziest . They should have a blast. Thanks grandma!Thanks Uncle Adam.

I have been trying to figure out a way to get my family to eat healthier and it not kill my food budget. I went to the store tonight without a list which is never a good thing. But we did pretty good. I bought quit a bit of fruit and tried to stay pretty healthy. I did get ice cream as a treat for everyone. But in this house it means they will get maybe one bowl. SO I figure that isn't too bad to have once.
I was looking at all the fruit just craving the fruit. It has definitely gotten pricey but found some pretty good deals. Now I just have to see about getting my kids on board with the healthier meals. Malcolm and Cole are already been working on this both cut out soft drinks and Cole is my child that would rather have fruit or veg. than candy. Malcolm has always been a salad kid since he had teeth.
I am needing some good recipes for chicken. I am tired of all the red meat and Sebastian just flat out refuses to eat the meat. He did say he would eat chicken but for some reason lately he has sworn off meat unless it is a hamburger patty.

If you know of any good recipes send them my way. I just need to find some new things for the house.
I really should be headed to bed but for some reason I am physically tired my mind just won't shut off. Well off to try and stop all the thinking.:)

One more thing... Eve's headaches are for the most part gone!Dr. Hughlett you are wonderful. Eve is now a true believer in Chiropractors. She has talked about the fact that her headache are for the most part gone while the rest of us are walking around with them. She even was able to get rid of the froggy voice with an adjustment. TOTAL WINNER!

No comments: